Yoga Teacher Training / Highest Self Program Q&A - In-Person OR Zoom
Time & Location
About the event
It will not be easy, but if you show up and allow yourself to be a student . . . you will be transformed.
Your highest self is the one that has been with you all your life. When you notice feelings of resistance, frustration, sadness, anxiety, etc., you are feeling the essence of you not aligning with your external world.
To truly teach yoga, or live in alignment with your highest self in anything you do, you must get out of your own way so you can be 100% present in awareness for your experience and the experience of others. Part of the transformation of this program comes from going deep into your edges (we all have them) so you can get out of your own way. That is transformative. It doesn't mean quitting your job, divorce, moving, etc. - it means everything that is available in your life and for your purpose will show up in self-love and relationships with others.
You will also learn about the body and mind connection, including how to do and teach over 100 poses and over 20 breathing techniques. A summary of course material includes: History, Philosophy, Poses, Chakras, Purpose, Nervous System, Spine, Joints, Endochrine System, Muscular System, Subtle Body, Yamas & Niyamas, Ayurveda, Enneagram, exploration of different types of yoga (including Yin, Restorative, Nidra, Qigong, Kundalini), Health Conditions, Modifications, Business, Ethics, Meridians, Nadis, Mantra, Sequencing, Bandhas, Gita, and Retreat at Acorns Resort or Acorns Wild.
Sucessful completion of the program means the following:
1. Attending the 120 hours of in-person sessions on the following Saturdays and Sundays from 9am to 6pm: 9/25/21 9/26/21 10/9/21 10/10/21 10/23/21 10/24/21 11/6/21 11/7/21 11/20/21 11/21/21 12/4/21 12/5/21 12/11/21 12/12/21 (you can miss up to 2 days in person and receive recordings and required homework to turn-in, if missing more than that means you will need to schedule in-person make up sessions with Charmion for additional cost).
2. Attending the 20 hours of Live Zoom calls on Wednesday nights from 5-7pm:
9/22/21 9/29/21 10/6/21 10/13/21 10/20/21 10/27/21 11/3/21 11/10/21 11/17/21 12/1/21 12/8/21 (you can miss up to 2 Zooms in person and receive recordings and required homework to turn-in, if missing more than that means you will need to schedule in-person make up sessions with Charmion for additional cost).
3. Watching the 40 hours of pre-recorded subjects (approximately 4 hours per week) at times of your convenience. Dates per subject are highly recommended as the course builds upon itself. You can however, take until 12/30/21 to complete the pre-recorded subjects. Completing the pre-recordings will be monitored in Google Classrooms, to make it easier for you to feel like you can keep up and prioritize by revelance to live sessions.
4. Attending 10 yoga classes during these almost 3 months (can be anywhere).
5. Completing approximately 10 hours of homework (average of 1 hour per week of journaling). There will be more than 10 hours of homework if you miss in-person or Zoom sessions.
There are easier programs out there. This is not a program to turn out certifications. This is a substantive investment in you by you and by the lead teacher and guest teachers.
Actual reviews from previous program students:
"Your life will change beyond anything you could have expected."
"Very in-depth and detailed course addressing all aspects of the 8 limbs of yoga as well as touching on various styles of asana practice."
"Far exceeded any expectations I had & provided me with a wealth of knowledge that enables me to offer yoga to others."
"Transformative. I feel confident as a whole due to embracing my authenticity."
"The training allowed me to find peace within myself and to live my truth, both of which, for me, were the most challenging part."
"The entire training had just the right amount amount of growing space, getting out of comfort zones emotionally and physically, love, enlightenment, and exposure."
About the Lead Trainer (more on guest teachers and other trainers later):
Charmion Harris (E-RYT 500 by Sept 15th, 2021). I have been teaching yoga since 2010 and attended my 1st 200 hour training in 2017 in Sacramento, California, where I came face to face with my own edges to truly discover myself and yoga for the first time (at age 47). I returned to Kansas to live and opened Yoga Shala East West and have been offering classes, retreats, teacher trainings, events, and consults since then. I am a mother, wife, Army veteran, a federal civilian employee, world traveler, volunteer and forever student. My purpose statement is: · I embody gratitude to be present for the blessings gifted of this world, to serve those seeking harmony, unite with love and compassion, expand connection and grow prosperity and wellness for all.
Registration required by 9/10
*If <5 registrations, training will not commence & full refund given.
$1850 - Full YTT
$2000 - Full YTT + unlimited classes
$975 - Refresher (CEUs only, previous 200 YTT)
*1 Karma Scholarship Available (submit essay & karma statement)
Essay and Karma Statement
If you feel that writing this essay and karma statements out is not possible for whatever reason, you can also do this verbally via a zoom session or in person at the studio.
The essay includes your whys.
- Why do you want to do YTT at Yoga Shala?
- Why do you wish to submit for this scholarship?
- Any other whys are also welcome.
The karma statement includes your hows.
- How do you feel that this scholarship will benefit you and others positively?
- How can you offer an exchange of energy to Yoga Shala (brainstorming without all of the details known is ok)?
- Any other how’s are also welcome.
- Q&A - FREE$0$00$0